Natural Language Processing at "eScience symposium"
|Date||12 October 2017|
|Time||09:30 - 18:00|
Discover how digital technology impacts scientific practice
Our understanding of human behavior and the brain, dealing with the challenges of climate change and discovering new energy sources, analyzing social and cultural interaction, processing sensor data from billions of devices from transportation to health - digital technology cuts through all scientific disciplines.
At this one-day symposium, we will discuss in different thematic sessions what this means for scientific research. From the humanities to physics and beyond.
The symposium will feature two plenary keynotes and five thematic sessions showcasing world-class data-driven and compute-intensive research in different fields.
- Cecilia Aragon (University of Washington)
- Diederik Jekel (Science Journalist)
- Internet of Things
- Natural Language Processing
- Energy Science
- Brain, Cognition and Behavior
The Future of Machine Learning
Special thematic session on Natural Language Processing
- Aurelie Herbelot (University of Trento)
- Antske Fokkens (VU University Amsterdam)
- Francisca de Jong (Utrecht University)
- Emiel Krahmer (Tilburg University)
- Antal van den Bosch (Radboud University)
- Malvina Nissim (University of Groningen)
SURFnet, CLARIAH, NWO-Shell programme, NeuroLabNL, Commit2Data
More information: www.esciencecenter.nl/event/nlesc17