The DHBenelux conference is a yearly event to promote Digital Humanities research in Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands and serves as a platform for the growing community of DH researchers to meet, present and discuss their latest results and demonstrate tools and projects. DHBenelux 2014 is Hosted by Huygens ING and Koninklijke Bibliotheek, 12-13 June 2014 in The Hague, The Netherlands.
This is the first DHBenelux conference. The aim is to build a community of DH researchers, increase the visibility of their work and related projects and to foster new collaborations. The programme will consist of oral presentations, a poster and demo market and a discussion Panel on Digital Humanities
We invite submissions of abstracts for the annual conference, on any aspect of the digital humanities, including but is not limited to:
- humanities research enabled through digital media, data mining, software studies, or information design and modeling;
- computer applications in literary, linguistic, cultural, and historical studies, including electronic literature, public humanities, and interdisciplinary aspects of modern scholarship;
- the digital arts, architecture, music, film, theatre, new media, digital games, and related areas;
- the creation and curation of humanities digital resources;
- social, institutional, global, multilingual, and multicultural aspects of digital humanities,
- and the role of digital humanities in pedagogy and academic curricula.
We encourage submissions on interdisciplinary work and new developments in Digital Humanities, particularly from PhD students and junior researchers. Note that this call is not limited to researchers in the Benelux. Anyone can submit an abstract.
Authors can submit proposals of maximally 500 words. Presentations at the conference can be in the form of oral presentations, posters and demonstrations.
|1 March 2014||The deadline for submitting abstracts|
|15 March 2014||Notification of acceptance is send|
|1 April 2014||The deadline for revised abstracts|
For more details, see the submissions page.