The CLARIAH infrastructure has been created in a series of projects of the national roadmap for large scale research infrastructures:
- CLARIN-NL (2009-2015)
- CLARIAH-SEED (2014-2015)
- CLARIAH-CORE (2015-2019)
- CLARIAH-PLUS (2019-2023).
The current project, CLARIAH-PLUS, is made possible by funding by NWO (Grant 184.034.023), by a cash contribution by KNAW, and by significant in-kind contributions by the following organisations (in alphabetical order):
- Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS), The Hague
- Humanities Cluster KNAW, Amsterdam
- Huygens Institute, Amsterdam
- Institute for the Dutch Language, Leiden
- International Institute for Social History, Amsterdam
- Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen
- Meertens Institute, Amsterdam
- National Library (Koninklijke Bibliotheek), The Hague
- National Institute for Sound and Vision, Hilversum
These institutions have also committed to keep CLARIAH running at least for five years after the CLARIAH-PLUS project has finished (so until 2028).